Tomorrow, my sweet and innocent 5 year old goes off to kindergarten. My heart has been heavy all day. I've even stopped fighting the "I'm not gonna cry" feeling. It's going to happen and I will just have to deal with it. The good thing is that Greyson is thrilled. We met his teacher this morning and she is very nice and young. (like graduated college in 2007 young). Josh is taking Greyson out to dinner tonight so they can have some bonding time and talk about things like being a leader and how proud we are of him. I am so sad. Have I already said that? I am so sad. I can't believe he is old enough to go away for 7 hours a day and spend it with some other lady that I've met for only 10 brief minutes this morning. He'll be fine. God is watching over him. I'll post some first day of school pics tomorrow. Gotta go buy waterproof mascara now. And cry some more.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Tomorrow is the day....
Tomorrow, my sweet and innocent 5 year old goes off to kindergarten. My heart has been heavy all day. I've even stopped fighting the "I'm not gonna cry" feeling. It's going to happen and I will just have to deal with it. The good thing is that Greyson is thrilled. We met his teacher this morning and she is very nice and young. (like graduated college in 2007 young). Josh is taking Greyson out to dinner tonight so they can have some bonding time and talk about things like being a leader and how proud we are of him. I am so sad. Have I already said that? I am so sad. I can't believe he is old enough to go away for 7 hours a day and spend it with some other lady that I've met for only 10 brief minutes this morning. He'll be fine. God is watching over him. I'll post some first day of school pics tomorrow. Gotta go buy waterproof mascara now. And cry some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I promise the tears do dry up about a week in :) You're such a good momma- he's gonna rock kindergarten!!!
Post a Comment