Friday, August 26, 2011

Look at Me! I'm a Kindergartner!!!













Yesterday was Greyson's first day of Kindergarten. I cried the whole entire day before. I've been with my little buddy for almost 6 years, almost single every day, all day. I tortured myself by looking at his baby pictures and wondering where the time went. How can he be old enough to be in kindergarten? He is still this little chunky toddler who climbs on everything to me. Anyways, enough sadness. Greyson ran into our bedroom that morning with his hands in the air yelling "Today is MY day to go to kindergarten!" I am so happy that he was so excited. We went to orientation at his school a few months ago and he clung to my leg and wanted nothing to do with going to school. God transformed his little heart. I prayed and prayed and prayed about it. I knew there was no way in the world I could leave him there if he was crying. Nope. No tears (from him). :) We walked to school, courtesy of this awesome path Josh made for him, prayed over him, and said good bye for the next 7 hours. He was thrilled. Thrilled. I stood in the doorway for a minute just wondering where in the world the time went. Ahhh..getting teary again, gotta stop that. Anyways, Ms Kara and her "little taco," as I call him, babysat Cooper and I all morning. I kept looking at my watch wondering what he was doing and hoping he was having fun. Finally 3:35 rolled around and Cooper and I walked up the hill to the school to get him. He LOVED kindergarten. Whew! I was a little nervous as my MIL, Debi will tell you. She talked me off a cliff, even though she didn't know it. She's good at that. We went through the options in case he didn't like it and how I would respond. Again, she is amazing. Luckily, he loved it. No plan B. I got some tidbits about his day here and there. He saw an old preschool buddy at lunch and recess. He was super excited about that. Sounds like he had a great day. Today was day 2 and he was ready to go. Cooper and I are going to try to stay busy again. We are kinda lost without Greyson but I'm sure we will manage :) Here's a picture of his lunch. I try to make them super cool. I don't "theme" them like some people but I did get the ham and cheese "sushi roll" from Kara. So easy. Just flatten the bread with a rolling pin and slice. I'm also going to have to ask my blogging buddies how in the world you make your pictures so nice and orderly on here. Mine just go in random places. I'll work on that :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

so glad he loved it!!

Cyndi said...

I started crying as I read this! So happy he loved it! Miss you guys so much!