Monday, August 25, 2008

Mumbo Jumbo



Tonight the boys were invited to a birthday party at an indoor inflatable jump place. They had a blast! They slid down slides, climbed through mazes, and jumped like there was no tomorrow. After that they were stuffed with pizza, cake, and ice cream. Needless to say, the drive home was very quiet while their exhausted little bodies just sat in their seats not saying a word. They were asleep with their eyes open. What a fun party! Happy Birthday Ryan!

Also, preschool starts tomorrow. Hallelujah (that's the sound of Angel's singing). I know I am really excited now after the last week we've had, but tomorrow will be another story. I'll probably cry and stand at the window peeking in to make sure Greyson is ok.

One last thing....My great friend Kara tagged me a couple of weeks ago and I just realized that I never answered her. I have to tell you 6 things about myself you might not already know....

1) I was completely obsessed with every aspect of the Olympics. I would stay up until they were done broadcasting it to watch everything from 2oo meter sprints to water polo. Go USA! (and Usain Bolt...that is one fast dude!)

2) My mom in law just got me the most beautiful birthday gift. It's a Willow Tree Angel figurine. I just love them and that is so out of character for me because I don't collect anything. For some reason, they are so special to me and really just beautiful. Thanks so much Debi. You couldn't have sent a more perfect gift. I love you!

3) I cut my bangs....again. Why do I do this? I hate bangs. As soon as I grow them out, I see a picture of myself and rationalize that I have this HUGE forehead and need bangs. Somebody needs to stop me because bangs only look cute the first 4 days after they are cut. Then they are long and need trimmed again and who has time for that!!!

4) I just adore my only niece, Maddie. She is the most precious thing. My sister just emailed me her 7 month pictures and they were so cute I wanted to post them on my blog. Then I thought, my sister has a blog, and she would probably kill me if I posted her baby's pictures before she did. (if she doesn't put them up within 48 hours, I will! hehehe)

5) Turning 30 was fun. Turning 31 stinks. For the first time in my life, I've come to the realization that I can't just lose 5 lbs easily. Before 31, I would skip a meal or 2. Now, I have to sweat like a pig in a gym 4 to 5 days a week. Then after about 3 weeks of that, the scale will barely inch it's way down. Stupid scale. I need a new one. My metabolism has virtually stopped. If I look at a doughnut, it's already claimed it's new address on my right thigh.

6) I'm in the middle of a Beth Moore bible study called Breaking Free. If you haven't done this one, you should. Go buy the workbook at a bookstore. It's amazing and life changing.

Signing out. Guess since the Olympics are over I will have to go to bed at a decent hour.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Cute pics of the boys- looks like they had a fabulous time! I need to take Anna back there now that she has gotten a little more adventurous. Enjoyed your 6 things also!

Kara said...

Those boys sure do look cute in those bouncy houses! I miss them so much I can't stand it! Can't wait to hear about school today.

Oh - and thanks for doing your "tag". You and Amber were the only ones to play along - those boogers!

Debi said...

ahhh. how sweet.
you are such a blessing in my life.
school--today??? oh, dear.
we planted our water conserving front garden, or I should say half planted. lots to still do.
i am truly exhausted.
love you.