It's been really hot. I mean, really hot. The heat index has been 114 degrees with over 90% humidity. Ugh...hot and muggy. It's been almost too hot to do anything. Too hot for the pool, too hot for a park, too hot to drive for ice cream. It's almost like being "snowed in," except, we are "sunned in." We needed something new to occupy us so Josh got creative and went into the attic and found a bunch of boxes. A little cutting and some duct tape later and we have a box fort. The boys love it! They play with their cars in it, they snack in it, and they fight in it. It's not too pretty on the outside, but they have used their crayons to decorate the inside. The fort has taken up our living room for a week now and there is no letting up in sight. They are constantly playing in it. Trash service comes Wednesday and if it's not out there, it'll be in my living room another week. Oh well, if you come over for dinner, step around the box.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
How clever!! Looks like a lot of fun. how is the ac?
I esp love the picture of you. You look great.
Hope there is some relief in sight--the weather I mean.
Love to yu all.
Anna also loved this box fort. I am inviting us over for another day of entertainment by box! Thanks Josh!
You guys are smart parents! What a brilliant idea to keep the boys busy! So cute!
The fort looks really fun. What a good idea. Hopefully I will remember these kinds of ideas when Maddie gets big enough to play.
Post a Comment