Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Potty Pro


Potty Training Update.....

I am fully aware that I should not even be putting this in writing because all of our progress will do a 180 tomorrow since I mentioned it but, we are surviving. No, we are not just surviving potty training but my little man is doing so well I'm not quite sure he even needs my help anymore. Seriously. Yesterday morning started off kinda ugly because he absolutely refused to use the Elmo seat that sits on the potty. After 2 hours of bribing a 2 year old with everything from sweet tarts to cash I gave up and went and bought a potty chair. Yup, the same one in a previous blog I "wasn't going to buy because it is nasty!" The potty chair plays a tune when you go and he thinks that is the coolest thing ever! Since then, he hasn't had any accidents (except for 1 poopie but we talked through it and he later redeemed himself with another in the potty.) He is pretty much a pro at potty training in only the second day. He will go on his own, empty his potty into the big toilet, flush it, put his underwear back on, and wash his hands ALL ON HIS OWN! I pretty much just stand back and watch. It's quite amazing.

I am so proud of him and have been telling him constantly. Maybe a little too much, because I used the restroom today and he gave me a big hug and said "mommy, I'm so proud of you for using the potty." Too cute.

From the pictures you can tell that Cooper was having to entertain himself. He put the Tea pitcher on his head and walked around laughing at himself! The other picture is of the boys eating waffles before a big day at the water park. Notice how sweet they are being? Well, don't look too close or you will see that Greyson is standing on Cooper's foot and practically choking him with his hand. Oh well, no one was screaming and that is music to my ears!

Happy 6 month birthday, Maddie! Auntie Julie loves you and misses you!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I have witnessed this amazing potty useage and I have to say it is very impressive! Yea Greyson!

Debi said...

Stupendous is the only word that comes to my mind that fits the situation. I am shocked!!
Yahoo!!!
I am so proud of the little squirt!!

PS I wondered if you noticed Cooper's face in the picture of harmony. When I first saw it I was thinking "how sweet" but then I noticed his face...looked closer and saw the hand and foot...I laughed so loud Len came running. It took he and Melissa a little bit to see...Hysterical.

Kara said...

I'm so proud of Greyson! Sounds like he was ready, or it could be the treats, or he can't wait to go to preschool, or all the stars happened to be aligned just right.

Congrats big boy for using your potty and sparing mommy's sanity!

MommyMac said...

I can't believe that he is old enigh to start potty training. He is becoming such a big boy.