
Lately I feel like I've been going through a mid-life crisis....no, not that kind. I'm not running out buying a sports car, although, that would be fun. I'm really examining the person I am and trying to change the things I need to be changed about myself. It might be a "turning 30" thing or maybe I'm realizing that I'm shaping 2 little minds and hearts. Josh and I have a Life Group that meets a couple times a month. (group of 10 that are together for 2 years, meeting twice a month for a bible study). We've been discussing how to guard your heart. My favorite saying is "Monitor your heart, not filter your mouth." Matthew 15:18 says "the things that come out of the mouth, come from the heart." That's pretty powerful. Conviction. I think I've learned to "filter" and edit my words and not pay any attention to the source and how that is affecting my heart. This is a really hard thing to do because it's amazing how negative, condenscending, and just ugly a good Christian can be about someone else. It doesn't even matter if it's a work associate, friend, or complete stranger. So everyday I pray that the Lord will help me to guard my heart and not just filter my mouth.
One of my favorite songs right now is Hillsong United's "In Your Freedom" Here are the lyrics, they don't do the song justice. You need to hear the song. It's worth the 99 cents to download.
I search for You God of strength
I bow to You In my brokenness
And no other king could have so humbly come
To save my soul and heal my heart
I have nothing more
Than all You offer me
There is nothing else
That's of worth to me
And i love You Lord
You rescued me
You are all that i want
You're all i need
I pray to You God of peace
I rest in You My cares released
In Your freedom I will live, In Your freedom i will live
I offer devotion, I offer devotion
This song represents the place that I'm trying to take my life. The changes I'm making. Complete submission.
One of my favorite songs right now is Hillsong United's "In Your Freedom" Here are the lyrics, they don't do the song justice. You need to hear the song. It's worth the 99 cents to download.
I search for You God of strength
I bow to You In my brokenness
And no other king could have so humbly come
To save my soul and heal my heart
I have nothing more
Than all You offer me
There is nothing else
That's of worth to me
And i love You Lord
You rescued me
You are all that i want
You're all i need
I pray to You God of peace
I rest in You My cares released
In Your freedom I will live, In Your freedom i will live
I offer devotion, I offer devotion
This song represents the place that I'm trying to take my life. The changes I'm making. Complete submission.
4 comments:
I love this song, and I love hearing your HEART! Looks like your life group is rubbing off on you a bit. :-) Great post!
Jules~ that was a beautiful summary of what we have spent so many hours discussing! Hey at least we are having our mid-life crisis together! I am so thankful we have the type of friendship that allows us to examine our own hearts and behaviors and learn and grow together!
I have no words. Too beautiful to hear your heart speaking.
You have motivated me to work harder at these same areas! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment