
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you." Psalm 32:8
Today has been a pretty emotional day for me. 1 year ago at 8:53 pm, Josh and I had Cooper. The thoughts running through my head were crazy. We had a 16 month old and how in the world could we handle/raise another baby so close in age. I was terrified, because to me, Greyson was still a baby. The first few months were tough. Some nights Josh would come home and all 3 of us would be crying. I look back on those days now and smile. The sleepless nights with a newborn and the early, early mornings with a toddler running full throttle. Sooner or later we started to hit our groove and I got brave and actually took both of them out in public. I will never forget that first day. We went to Sonic Drive In fo
r lunch and then to the park. I felt like I just won a gold medal in the Olympics. It was such a big day for me. I was also afraid that I didn't have enough love left for Cooper because I had given so much of my heart to Greyson. I was wrong. It's amazing how much love a mother can have and give to each of her children.
r lunch and then to the park. I felt like I just won a gold medal in the Olympics. It was such a big day for me. I was also afraid that I didn't have enough love left for Cooper because I had given so much of my heart to Greyson. I was wrong. It's amazing how much love a mother can have and give to each of her children. So today is bittersweet. I'm sad, because my baby is no longer a baby. Very soon he will not want me anymore. All he'll want is Daddy, unless he scrapes his knee and needs me to kiss it. But then, on the other hand, we made it to the 1 year mark and I feel like that's such a huge accomplishment. Life has gotten so much easier than those first few days of changing dozens of daily diapers, not getting any sleep, and having 2 babies on opposite schedules. I'm also excited to see Cooper grow up and have so much fun with his big brother. Their bond will be amazing to watch.
Thank you, God for guiding me, helping me, and carrying me through all of the times. The good, the great, and the not so great. Without you, I could not have made it. You gave me a calm in the middle of many storms. You also gave me encouragement when it felt like I was doing everything wrong. Thank you for trusting Josh and I with this amazing gift of parenthood.
Happy 1st Birthday, Cooper!
3 comments:
I always knew you could do it! You have been such a wonderful mother to both boys and it is an honor to be able to be your friend.
happy happy birthday Cooper!!
Mimes and Pops love you lots and lots!!!
You have the most amazing mom of all time.
God bless you sweet boy!
Happy belated birthday Coopie! I actually meant to call you on Sunday and see how your day was going. We were, uh, unloading a large truck all day and moving back into our home, but you know I was thinking about you! You make being a mom to 2 active boys look like a breeze. Great job mommy!
Post a Comment