Thursday, March 6, 2008

When Will I Learn?



Today I did 2 stupid things. I tried on swimsuits and bought Cooper a ball pit for his birthday. I know you're thinking, huh?! Let me explain.

1) I went to buy my first " Look at me, I'm a Mom" swimsuit. The last time I bought a swimsuit was for my honeymoon. I'm laughing as I'm picturing myself now in one of those at the pool with the boys this summer. You see, things are different now. Back then I didn't need any support so those little triangle tops worked just fine. Now, I'm looking for something more like a sports bra with the strength of duct tape that will hold, lift, and suck in all areas that need to be. And the bottoms, well that's a whole other story. In this phase of my life, I actually want bottoms that cover my whole bottom. And a knee length wrap probably wouldn't hurt either. I ended the night with none of the suits meeting my criteria (see how I'm blaming the suits...) so I ate a peanut butter fudge hot sundae and will try again later. What did I learn? I could've saved a lot of time and embarrassment by simply going to Target, buying a tarp, and cutting out a neck hole!
2) I had this brilliant idea that a ball pit would be fun for Cooper. He loves Makenna's ball pit so he should have his own on his birthday. Bad, Bad idea. We have 325 balls and I'm not sure that any one of them has stayed in the ball pit for more than 4 seconds. I am constantly bending over and putting balls back in the ball pit just so they can be thrown out again. My entire living area is a ball pit. Josh had a great idea and said we should put the ball pit and all 325 balls in a closet and let them play in that. I told him no and that I was pretty sure there was a rule against locking your kids in the closet. The idea now isn't looking so bad. What did I learn? Ball pits are for places that you go visit and then get to leave. Not for personal use!

Well, they say you learn something new everyday. Looks like I got lucky and learned 2 things today.
These are 2 pics of my crazy little boys. Greyson is wearing my boots and Cooper is licking chocolate sauce out of the bottle, right out of the fridge!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Love love love the pic of Cooper! ha- you should send that into a contest! (: Sorry swimsuit shopping didn't go well- I don't think I will ever lose enough weight to feel comfortable in a swimsuit!

Kara said...

Ah Yes. The ball pit balls decorative touch. It does wonders to a comfy living room - doesn't it? Well......you tried. What can you say? I'm sure you don't look half as bad in a swimsuit as you think you do, however, if you find a place that sells tarps that you can cut a hole in the top - buy one for me too - I'll pay ya back! :-)

Unknown said...

I have laughed and laughed this morning reading this. LOVE IT! I miss you guys tons and can just imagine your process with the bathing suit. I guess that is one of those things you have to do alone but sounds like a friend might be in need on a shopping day like that. Great things to look forward to huh?! :) hehe.