.jpg)
So yesterday I did something totally selfish. Completely self absorbed. All for me, no one else. What are you asking did Julie do with 5 hours of free time? I sat in a hair salon and read a book while the stylist added hair extensions to my hair. Yes, I did it and no, I don't feel bad about it at all. I considered it a "year end bonus." for all of my hard work and sacrifies this past year. I've wanted long hair forever and my hair refuses to grow. So I outsmarted my lucious locks and added a few (ok..a lot) of inches to them. While at the salon, I was feeling a little guilty for taking this much time to do something for myself. Oh, but don't worry, that feeling quickly passed. I love spending this amazing time with my boys, but every once in a while it's ok to splurge on myself without the guilt. If Mommy is happy, everyone is happy.
So Moms, go cash in on your "year end bonus." Whether it be a girls night out, reading a book at a coffeehouse, or buying that new pair of shoes that aren't the slightest bit practical. You deserve it. You have cooked, cleaned, kissed boo-boo's, broke up fights, saved the dogs from toddlers, conquered the "never ending" laundry pile, refilled sippy cups, forced spinach down little throats, exercised, picked up groceries, paid bills, sang the ABC song until you are sick, loved, hugged, cried, been sleep deprived, and did it all without ever wishing you were somewhere else, doing something else. You deserve this. Leave the guilt in you
r driveway and have fun!
And to you Moms with kids all grown up...this message is especially for you. I know you didn't do something for yourself all those years ago. Now's the time to take the time. Without you, we wouldn't be the women we are..jpg)
So Moms, go cash in on your "year end bonus." Whether it be a girls night out, reading a book at a coffeehouse, or buying that new pair of shoes that aren't the slightest bit practical. You deserve it. You have cooked, cleaned, kissed boo-boo's, broke up fights, saved the dogs from toddlers, conquered the "never ending" laundry pile, refilled sippy cups, forced spinach down little throats, exercised, picked up groceries, paid bills, sang the ABC song until you are sick, loved, hugged, cried, been sleep deprived, and did it all without ever wishing you were somewhere else, doing something else. You deserve this. Leave the guilt in you
r driveway and have fun!And to you Moms with kids all grown up...this message is especially for you. I know you didn't do something for yourself all those years ago. Now's the time to take the time. Without you, we wouldn't be the women we are.
.jpg)
3 comments:
Rapunzel - you look MAH-Velous!! I really do love your hair and think you couldn't look any cuter! I'm glad your hubby likes it and I will try to hold my jealousy to a minimum. love you
Love love love them! You totally deserve the splurge- good for you!
kara and amber always say what i want to say only better!!!
you look gorgeous! i can't wait to hear all about them.
love to you.
Post a Comment