Friday, February 8, 2008

Miraculous Maddie



Madison-"Gift of the Lord."
I have to write about how cool it is to be an Aunt. You see, it's extra special because I am the mother of 2 boys and now I am the Aunt to a little girl. I probably go over the top with pink and fluff, but since I don't have a girl, I feel as if it's a must. I'm starting to kinda realize what first time grandparents feel like. They spoil, break all the rules, let children get away with anything short of a prison sentence, all while simply nodding and smiling. I feel the same way. I mean, of course I love my boys, but they have rules they have to follow, not Madison. I don't have the pressure of being her parent, so I feel like my sole responsibility is to just love her and spoil her. She is simply precious, adorable, and as my sister says, "a little squeeky." I love her skinny little "chicken legs" and her few sprigs of hair wanting to rebel and do their own thing. She will always remain flawless in my eyes and I am honored to be her Aunt.
She definitely fits well with the meaning of her name. Thank you Lord, for this amazing blessing.
Interesting Fact...Madison as a girls name was introduced as a first name in the Tom Hanks movie "Splash" (1984). In the film, Daryl Hannah's character takes her name from Madison Avenue after walking past a road sign. Hanks' character comments that it is not a real name as, since at the time, it was a rather unusual name for a woman.

1 comment:

Amber said...

So my only question is ....would you like to be Anna's aunt too? (: no seriously- she is darling and I can't wait to hold and snuggle that little bitty teeny weeny sweet baby girl!