
Conversations with a 4 and 5 year old never seem to amaze me. This is how one such conversation went today.
Greyson-"Was there grass in the old days, like before me kind of old days?"
Me-"Yup, there was grass."
Greyson-"Were there cars?"
Me-"Yup. And even longer ago, people rode in horse and buggies."
Cooper decided to chime in. "What's a buggie?"
Greyson-"It's a type of Volkswagen."
I choked on water. Hilarious. But on a more serious note, if you just need something to pray for, think of me when you read the caption in the above picture and multiply it by 2 for both boys. Sigh. (it says the average 4 year old child asks 437 questions a day)
The school countdown is on. Each day I will probably respond differently, but today I can't wait for them to go back :) They have been at each other all day. So much so in the last week, that I picked up my Love & Logic book and reread it. Yes, I'm one of those. I have every book, ever published, on how to raise boys, discipline boys, and simply live with boys. None of them seem to be worth 1/2 of the asking price but I still pay with the anticipation that this might be "the book" to end all quarreling. A line that I have used from Love & Logic today seems to be working. When the boys start to fight, I simply say "I charge $2 a minute to listen to fighting. Will you be paying me with chores, money or toys?" So far they have emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, folded laundry and given me a Transformer. Not bad. This is also a good one for fighting brothers. "Sounds like you guys need some bonding time." Then I give them chore to do together. hehehehe We all win. Well, maybe not from their perspective, but its working great for me :) My luck they will stop fighting and I will be back to dishwasher duty. Wait, wasn't that the goal? Stink.
Well, I'm off to date night and the boys are waiting at the door for our brand new sitter with their Nerf guns. This poor girl. Hope she comes back.
3 comments:
yea! I'm so glad you're blogging again!
what happened w the babysitter? Pictures? Do you like her??
Hey gorgeous. I just remembered that you said you would be blogging again. I was happy to see a new post. 437 questions a day? That's why we're so exhausted! See you in the morning sista.
Post a Comment