Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ray, Ray, and Elmer



"Ray"

"Ray"


"Elmer"

Ray, Ray, and Elmer are the 3 guys that I spent my weekend with. Well, actually they are the new nicknames for my 3 guys; Greyson, Cooper, and Josh. How did I come up with these names? Ahhh...that's where the story gets interesting. Hold on tight for a typical weekend in our household...

Ray aka Cooper. This nickname was pretty easy. You see, I took Cooper to the Dr. on Friday to learn that he could possibly have pink eye. It looks more like stinkeye to me but whatever, I won't argue with a ph.d. Poor little boy looks like he went 30 seconds in a boxing ring with Mike Tyson and took a left hook straight to the eye. It's swollen, red, and puffy. The Dr. also said that it could just be allergies and it would be swollen because he keeps scratching it. So as cute as he is...the eye looks horrible. He feels fine, acts fine so for us, there's no need to stay at home. *sidenote: if he does have pink eye, I apologize to anyone that we may have contaminated over the weekend* We take the boys to an amusement park and Josh tells Cooper that he has to wear his sunglasses the WHOLE time. It was fine the first half of the day, but when it started getting dark he found it hard to see. He wore those sunglasses all weekend, everywhere we went. The pancake house, shopping, etc.. He looked adorable but also like a little Ray Charles with his big, black glasses on, hence his new weekend nickname, Ray.

Ray aka Greyson. This story is short and sweet. We went to a park on Saturday and Greyson slid down a slide that had a pool of water on the bottom. Of course he went head first on his belly, so not only was his shirt soaked but so were the front of his pants. They were ringing wet and I have no extra change of clothes in the car. Why? I don't know. I turn around for a split second and Greyson has stripped down at the park into his tighty whities or under-roos as some people call them. I was horrified and yelled at him to come here so I could buckle him in the car. Guess what he does? Runs away as fast as he can. Right at that moment he earned the nickname, Ray. It stands for Ray Stevens who was famous for a song called "The Streak." If you've never heard this song, just search You Tube...here is the chorus...
Here he comes, look at that,look at that
There he goes, look at that, look at that
And he ain't wearin' no clothes

Oh, yes, they call him the Streak
Look at that, look at that
Fastest thing on two feet
Look at that, look at that
He's just as proud as he can be
Of his anatomy

He goin' give us a peek
Oh, yes, they call him the Streak
Look at that, look at that
He likes to show off his physique
Look at that, look at that
If there's an audience to be found
He'll be streakin' around
Invitin' public critique

And now to Elmer. I was helping Josh put fresh mulch down on Saturday while the boys were racing around the yard in their little cars. Josh goes to grab another bag of mulch and I hear him yell "find me something to kill it!" I was thinking he found a snake or a huge spider or something disgusting along those lines. "What is it?" I yelled. His reply..."a baby rabbit." "What? You can't kill a baby rabbit! What's wrong with you? Just shoo it away!" I could tell the man in him really wanted a reason to "hunt" something but a baby rabbit that could fit into the palm of my hand...no way. Not on my watch. Hence, Josh was nicknamed Elmer Fudd.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. I spent it with a kid who wore sunglasses 24/7, a naked streaker, and a man trying to kill someone's pet. I guess this is life with boys.

**Unfortunately I didn't have my camera for every shot this weekend so I found these photos that I thought corresponded with the stories. Enjoy!*

3 comments:

Kara said...

Laughing right now. I can't believe Greyson stripped down in his undies right there in the park. That boy will do anything for a laugh! :-) And - man - who thought Josh was such a killer? Better keep the pets away from that one!

Kelley said...

Yeah you finally posted! Thanks for the good laugh! Anything other than a baby bunny and I probably would have found him something to use!

Amber said...

Love the stories- glad you blogged! Thanks for fun at the sand park today!