Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 1

Greyson and Pops picking tangerines out of their backyard

Greyson and Pops

Sorry about this pic, early morning is not my best look.

Technically this is our first full day so it shall be named, Day 1.  The boys woke up and were off, full blast.  I was cracking up because Mimes said "wow, Greyson sure is chatty in the morning."  From the minute he wakes up it's nonstop talking.  I was terrified that they would wake up at 5 am, but no, they slept in until 6:50 which was actually nice.  One of the first things they did was call Auntie M (Melissa) and wake her up.  Poor thing had worked late into the night, but within moments she was there and ready for action.  The main focus of the morning was Beasley.  Beasley is the sweetest, most well behaved dog I've been around.  To the best of my memory, Mimes correct me here if I'm wrong, but I think Beasley is a cockapoo.  Anyways, Beasley acted as if he woke up and got kids for Christmas.  He was so excited and so were the boys.  It took Cooper a few days to warm up to him, but the love started to flow.  That morning Mimes made some wonderful berry pancakes and was surprised and how many Cooper could fit into his mouth at one time.  Sidenote:  I was terribly embarrassed that the boys ate Mimes and Pops out of house and home while we were there.  I'm sure they think I don't feed these kids.  That morning we went to the park with Auntie M and her friend, Jeremy.  It was really nice to just sit back and watch them play with the boys.  I got to relax and not have to run around the park like a crazy woman making sure someone doesn't get hurt.  The boys loved playing with Auntie M and Jeremy because they are much younger and what seemed like much more fun than mommy.  After the park, Auntie M took us to this fruit smoothie place and we all ordered a Boba.  A boba is a Taiwanese fruit smoothie drink with tapioca balls in the bottom.  The boys at first proceeded with caution but within minutes were sucking their drink down.  They thought it was funny to suck up a tapioca ball.  Auntie M then took us to Biola University where Mimes and Pops teach.  The boys got to go into their classrooms and strut their stuff.  Greyson nicknamed Pops that day to Dr. Pops.  Mimes's class just happened to be all girls and you should have seen Cooper in action.  He was walking around flirting with all of them.  That night we took it easy, due to the combination of toddlers and jet lag.  Greyson played outside in the beautiful sunshine with Beasley while we watched him from the kitchen window.   He was laughing so hard at trying to catch Beasley that it was making us laugh.  After dinner, major meltdowns started to occur, so off they went to bed.  Within minutes they were asleep.  

Stay tuned tomorrow for Disneyland....

3 comments:

Kara said...

I totally LOVED this day's breakdown. How absolutely fun!!! Isn't it the best to be with family where you get to sit back and let someone else run around and love on your kids while you get to just enjoy it?? THE BEST!! Those pancakes sounds divine and so did that fun smoothie. I'm sure the grandparents loved showing off your 2 cutie-pie's. Keep the info coming. This is such a fun way to hear about your trip. I'll call you tomorrow. Probably during nap time. :-)

Amber said...

I am wanting one of those smoothies too! mmm.... I am so very glad for you that you had such a wonderful trip. You deserved it!

Debi said...

I love your summaries. I was there and still am laughing...
Beasley was lying on his pillow when I suddenly called out "Greyson" "Cooper"!!
His head shot up, he became alert and looked all around. Then the strangest thing yet- he started crying...Poor dog. He has never done that before.
The boys captured his heart.