First of all, Happy New Year. I hope 2009 is bigger and better than you could have hoped for. Every year I am like the millions of individuals that use January 1st as a starting point for change. I, too, make resolutions with high hopes of getting in shape, learning to be more patient, and finding a good book that doesn't involve cartoon characters. And like millions of individuals, these resolutions are forgotten by February 1st. (ok, that's being lenient, more like January 4th.) That's why this year I decided to not make myself feel bad about not being able to follow through. I'm doing "Non-Resolutions." Here's a list of things I WILL NOT be doing this year. This list, I should be able to keep.
1) I will not pick up hitchhikers.
2) I will not be 100% satisfied with the way my hair is hi-lited, styled, or cut.
3) I will not get a flu shot.
4) I will not jump on the bandwagon and buy a hybrid.
5) I will not buy tickets to a country music concert.
6) I will not watch 1 minute of Barney, the big purple dinosaur.
7) I will not stop making fun of people who thought the movie "The Notebook" was inspiring.
8) I will not stop hating to do the laundry.
9) I will not stop missing my sister who lives far away and across a big ocean.
10) I will not stop being afraid of snakes and driving on bridges over water.
11) I will not sky dive. (even though we've done it before, once is enough!)
12) I will not wear fringe, even if it is the "IT" thing this year.
13) I will not give either of my boys a mullet haircut, as tempting as it may sound :)
14) I will not support Tom Cruise no matter how much he tries to change his wacko image.
15) I will not fall for "age-defying" advertising.
16) I will not buy anything from QVC, no matter how much I think I need it.
17) I will not be vacationing in Antartica.
18) I will not be the proud owner of another pet.
19) I will not eat a tunafish sandwich. (this one is easy b/c I hate tunafish)
20) I will not win a grammy award for my amazing vocal skills.
Well, this list I actually think I can keep and I feel so much better! The pressure is gone and now I can enjoy the new year without that little voice reminding me of failed resolutions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hahahaha! Love your lists- that's my kind of thinking! Did you get my notebook flair btw? (evil grin)
hilarious!
I'm not really the type to make new year's resolutions, but you've inspired me!
Awesome! I am a little concerned about number 7 however. Really? Making fun of us who love the Notebook? You really think this is ok? Do you feel good about yourself when you are doing this? Have a soul sista. Have a soul! :-)
Post a Comment