Friday, December 26, 2008

Vacation Follow Up

We had a fantastic vacation.  That's it, plain and simple.  It couldn't have been better.  The weather in sunny Orlando, FL was a constant 80 degrees all week.  The best part of the whole vacation was the lack of tourists.  No one was in Florida and I loved it.  We actually went to Disney World Magic Kingdom twice in one day!  No lines, no crowds, no waiting, no stress.  God is good.  Let's see....We also took the boys to Sea World and to the beach.  They had such a great time that I'm trying to talk Josh into doing it every year for Christmas.  

We stayed in this amazing villa (Villas at Grand Cypress) that sat on 3 golf courses so Josh was very happy.  We had a beautiful lake outside on our deck where the boys fed ducks and "Hank" everyday.  The villas also provided us with a bbq grill and charcoal which was really fun.   They had a huge heated pool, paddle boats, and bicycles.  The villa had everything a house would including washer/dryer, dishwasher, full kitchen, jacuzzi tub.  Seriously, I didn't want to leave.  I tried to get Josh to take me by the job openings on the way out but he wouldn't.  

Another fun time for our family, and this will come to no shock if you know us, is the shopping.  Orlando has outlet malls like I have never seen before, and I've seen and shopped at my share of malls.  The deals were so good that Josh and I had to stop and ask ourselves if we really wanted this or if we were just buying it because it was so cheap.  Every designer known to man had a store at these outlets.  

The only slight downside to our vacation was a stomach bug that decided to plaque the whole entire family.  It started with Greyson sick on the plane on the way to Florida.  We thought it was just nerves but continued on the shuttle to the rental car, in the rental car, and in our room...all night.  This bug was extremely violent in the vomit department.  It would last about 18 hours then would leave you wiped out.  As you could see by the pictures the boys and Josh and I spent ALL day Friday laying on the sofa.  The worst part was Thursday night when us remaining 3 victims (Josh, Cooper and I) all got it at the same time.  You know you have reached full motherhood when you vomit to just turn around and clean up your child's vomit, to do it all again in another 45 minutes.  

Well, I don't want to define this vacation as everyone being sick because we had so much fun in spite of it all.  It was the best vacation and I would do it over again in a flash!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I am so glad you had a good time despite the vomit! You will have such good stories of the boys first Disney World trip. (:

Kara said...

Leave it to Julie to say that "nothing could've made this trip any better" when your whole family had a violent stomach flue bug. :-) ha! I could think of something better.

Seriously - I am so glad that you had a great time and made some awesome memories with the family. You guys are great!!! Love ya.

Julie said...

I know it sounds crazy but the good so outweighed the days of vomiting. I can't wait to go back!

Debi said...

Hi julie, this is jeremy. I'm at (i'm not sure what grandpa and grandma are called, pops and m-something i think)and I was playing on debi's computer and saw ur blog.

I'm really looking forward to coming this next week. And I'm looking forward to see the boys again!

Have a great week.

Jeremy