My morning started at 6:00 am with Greyson saying "Wake up Mommy. My pull-up leaked and there's pee in my bed." The night ended with me cutting gum out of his hair. See, not everyday in our life is fall festivals and fun parks. Some days are actually quite the opposite. I've actually threatened that if UPS delivers a package today, he's gonna take one of them with him. It's been one of those weeks. I, too, have been in a funk. Maybe because the realization of no longer being able to look forward to preschool is kicking in. (I'm not gonna blog that story, but let's just say it involved an "incident report" and mommy deciding that maybe Greyson isn't quite ready to go to preschool. I mean really, toddlers should know self defense. It should be a prerequisite.) There's really not much else going on. I'm feeling a little sad tonight because I have a whole list of people that I truly miss. I just simply miss them. I miss their company. I miss being able to "catch" them on the phone. I miss their advice, their smile, and their friendship. Tonight I'm missing Debi, my mother in law. I miss Melissa, my sister in law. I miss Amanda, my sister and my only niece, Maddie. I miss my friend Kara and her kiddos. All this emotion has giving me a great idea for a new blog series. Yes, I said series. I can call on this particular group of women at any time of the day or night. They will be there for me, no matter how big or small the need. So, I'm gonna blog, randomly in no particular order, about these women. Women who have changed my life. Women who make a difference in the world. These women have inspired me on so many different levels. I am so blessed to have these women in my life. I want to do this so that each and every one of them knows how important they are not only to me, but to the world they live in. Stay tuned.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so very sorry you are feeling sad- we must be in a funk together. I know this past week has been hard on you. We need to plan a ruby tuesday salad night again soon and talk out the blues! (:
looking forward to your new series!
I am sorry you have had a rough day. I will take your kiddos for you to have a day to yourself! After doing some research for lifegroup project my encouragement is we are so blessed! We have precious families, all our needs meet and most of all we never have to worry about where our next meal will come from!
made me cry...and want to fly on an airplane, drive a car, ride a bus or hitchike...love you.
Awww. Julie! I want to move back home right now and live down the street from you again. I hate hearing that you are having a hard time and that life is falling in the "stinky" category this week. And it sounds like your preschool reprieve went all a bust on you too, so that's no good. Call me - ok? I left you a message yesterday cuz I'm missing you too. I know if you are in a funk, you may not feel like a phone call, but when you have some time - call me and "unload" on me please. Please? Hang in there my friend. I'm just an email or phone call away and there's a Cinnamon Dolce Latte or Pumpkin Spice with your name on it at Starbucks too! Love you bunches.
Julie-
I'm sorry about your week! I had no idea about preschool! I'd love to get together for a playdate or a girls night out sometime! Maybe you need to plan another baby shower for someone to help you feel better - you are awesome at those! Seriously, I'd love to get together if you wanna!
Hey Julie! I wanted to add that my day also often starts out with Reagan calling for me and when I go in her room her pull-up has also leaked. I change her and pray that she'll go back to sleep, but if it's after 5:30am, she never does! Which means I don't either! Today's day started at 5:45. What are we going to do with these kids, getting up way too early? I'm thinking about switching to diapers again since pull-ups seem to leak all the time! She doesn't take naps either, so she has to go to bed SO early, which means we can never plan anything in the evenings. It is nice when she's asleep by 7 though, but then Jay hardly sees her. Hope your week is going better!
Post a Comment