Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!





September 23, 2000 was the day we got married. It's hard to believe that it has already been 8 years since that picturesque outdoor wedding. The intimate crowd, the white tents, the string quartet, and the toasts that just kept on going. Time has really flown by. This year our anniversary was celebrated a little differently than usual. Since it fell in the middle of the week, we took the boys along with us. (don't worry, thanks to my parents and the wonderful Ms. Cyndi we get plenty of date nights so we'll make it up next week.) We fired up the 1967 Pontiac GTO and headed for a picnic in the park. It was great. We asked the boys what they wanted for dinner and soft tacos was agreed upon. Josh and I sat under a tree while the boys played in the sand, not fighting....it was nice. After a few rounds on the tire swing and climbing the rock wall for the ump-teenth time, it was time to go home. Nope, it wasn't the candlelit dinner and fancy shoe night that I had envisioned, but I loved every minute of it and wouldn't have had it any other way.

6 comments:

Lenora said...

I have had many many anniversary dinners with the girls with us. Without having family in town and no luck with sitters, we just got used to it. Actually I never really minded it. If I remember right, we didn't get to go away till our 25th anniversary. Katie was 12, and her and her sisters called us every 30 min.! We will celebrate our 35th this oct, we go away, usually not too far, and the girls still call us ( or now text )and i still don't mind it!
Now hopefully you won't have to wait 25 yrs!! You're lucky to have your parents there,:)
Pic's are really cute, and welcome to facebook!

Amber said...

Happy Anniversary!

Alana said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Sorry, it has taken me so long to respond. I behind on everything right now!

Happy Anniversary!

Kara said...

Happy, Happy anniversary. That's sweet how you spent it with the boys. Yeah - the candle-light dinner should definitely be a follow-up though. :-)

Fun pictures!

Debi said...

happy anniversary! much love and prayers! have fun and enjoy having time with Josh.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Julie! What park did you go to? It sounds like a good one!