Yesterday was Greyson's very first day of preschool. (note to parents getting ready to send their children--bring video camera. I just brought a regular camera and felt like odd duck out.) On the way to school, he kept telling me that his tummy hurt because he was nervous. It was adorable to see him walk into his school with his backpack on, just like a big boy. I dropped him off, talked to one of his teachers and just stood in the doorway while he waved and said "bye Mom." Just like that. No big deal to him. I stood peeping in the window getting really teary eyed with that lump in your throat feeling at how big he has gotten. I finally pull myself away from the window and start to leave the building when I hear "Mommy!" It sounds like him. I turn around and go back to see that he is happily playing with a dump truck and it was someone's else's kid. (I went back 2 more times and realized again and again, that none of those screams belonged to him.) The 4 hours passed and Cooper and I got to hang out and spend some quality time together. We went to an Indoor Nature Play Area (hence, the picture of him in a tree), chased ducks at a park, and had lunch with Nana. Everytime I put Cooper in his carseat he would point to Greyson's carseat and do his cute little caveman talk. Uggg Uggg..Bubba...Blabber.... When we went to pick up Greyson he was so excited to see us. He said he had so much fun at school. The teachers nicknamed him "Swiper." If you've ever seen Dora the Explorer you will totally understand this. Swiper is a little fox (?) that tries to take things from other people. If the teachers couldn't find something they would ask Swiper where it was and he would pull it out of his pocket. They seemed to really have fun with Greyson and really love him. He was definitely their entertainment. At naptime that day, he told me he rode tricycles in gym class, threw mulch at a little boy and shared his crackers with a little girl. All in all, he had a great time. He got up this morning and asked if he could to to school again today. Nope, but you sure can tomorrow!
Birthday Shout Out to my bestest friend EVER---Amber! Happy 31st birthday!



5 comments:
AAHHH! He had a great first day then?
That is so awesome! He does look like a big boy with his little backpack and stuff. sniffle. sniffle.
Glad you got some one on one time with Coopie and glad that Greyson wants to go back again!
SCORE
Oh yeah - HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBER!!!! I know you will read this!!
Don't feel too bad, I didn't have a video camera either. I was going through the exact same emotions when I dropped off Reagan.
I didn't see you, I'll look for you tomorrow! We need to talk.......I want to help you with this SHOWER!!
I can't believe he is big enough to go to preschool. He is growing so fast. Before we know it he will be in kindergarten.
I should have sneaked up there and saw him on his first day of school! I am loving loving loving watching your kids grow up. Did you ever dream when we worked together all those 100's of yrs ago that we would be such great friends and raise little ones together?
Thanks for the bday shout out- although it really mean to add 5 years to my age! ha! Actually you could have just left my age off altogether...
So cute! Don't let him grow up and become a middle-schooler.
Post a Comment