Sunday, August 31, 2008

Never a Dull Moment








The morning started off pretty interesting when Greyson set the security alarm off at a local Shoney's. We overslept this morning and missed church (don't worry, we went tonight...) That has maybe happened once before, the oversleeping part, not the alarm part. I mean really, who needs an alarm clock when our toddlers haven't slept in past 7 am ever?? Anyways, Shoney has a door that says "if you open this door the alarm will sound." Josh and Cooper went to the car while I took Greyson to the potty. All of a sudden the alarm goes off in the restaurant. It's just he and I standing there and I'm pretty sure I didn't touch the door. I rush him into the potty completely humiliated, he goes, we wash hands and come out and the alarm is STILL going off! Imagine trying to eat your buffet bacon with this piercing alarm going off. Somehow they finally shut it off as we were escaping out the front door. I'm sure every patron applauded when we left.

The afternoon was less interesting. We played around outside. I'm pretty sure that there is nothing in the world that could make 2 little boys any more happy. They love to just simply be outside. Being the girl that I am, I love to simply just be inside where there's air conditioning. Bugs, dirt, and cars don't do a thing for me. But for my boys, I will sacrifice and play outside in the scorching heat. Josh filled up the pool in the backyard and had the sprinkler going in the front yard. They had full reign on our little subdivision lot. The 4 wheelers were out and the pink lemonade flowed freely. Even Taja and Jake, our beloved old labs, joined in on the fun. What an exciting Sunday. No telling what kind of trouble we will get into tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Cute pics- you didn't tell me about your alarm adventure! ha!

Debi said...

I find the shorts hysterical! The boys take a moment to identify...fun.
You both are such wonderful parents.
Good to see the dogs are still in the land of the living.
Greyson on that moving thing is unbelievable!
Life is such fun for you...
love to all.

Brianne Dobson said...

They are adorable! I love hearing these stories and even though I hardly ever post comments due to lack of time, I love checking in on you guys. Your posts keep me cracking up. Most of the time it is because we are going through similiar things !!!!

Kara said...

I am finally reading some posts from my friends! This was a good one. Good to see you are sacrificially getting some time in outside with the boys before the summer is over!

Good mommy.