Thursday, June 12, 2008

Strawberry Pie, Strawberry Smoothies, Strawberry Salad....








The boys and I had quite an adventure this week. We went to a Strawberry Farm and picked our very own strawberries. It was loads of fun and hilarious, I might add. Greyson did great. Once I showed him how to take the strawberries off the stem without smashing them, he was a picking machine. 3 in the mouth, 1 in the bucket. Every now and then he would stop and scream "Mommy, can you take off the tree?" (tree = stem) Cooper, on the other hand, caused tears to pour down my face because I was laughing so hard. He would take his little chubby hand and squish the strawberry to pieces. He never quite got the concept of putting them in the bucket. He would take the squashy red mess and shove it right in his mouth. He was pretty fast too. Before I knew it, he had worked his way half way down a row eating strawberries left and right. It didn't matter if they were ripe or rotted! Now I have about 5lbs of fresh strawberries and I'm sitting here wondering what to do with them. I believe the boys have had their fair share of them. I even mention the word "strawberry" and they go running the other way.

3 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so jealous! I have yet to take Makenna to a Strawberry farm, but you have got me itching to take her again. Thanks for the pics. Please give the boys a hug and a kiss from us!

Amber said...

Amber and Anna like strawberries.... if you feel led by the Lord to share your strawberries like a good Christian woman that shares with those that were unable to go strawberry pickin...(:

Debi said...

did you go by yourself???
sounds like a riot...
yummy strawberries.