Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday. Great.



First of all, let me start off by saying that I hate Mondays. Why? Our fun weekend is over and back to laundry and cleaning. The biggest reason though is that my partner in crime, Josh, goes back to work and I'm left with these 2 little turkeys all day. Usually we succeed in having loads of fun. Not today, it's Monday.


My day started at 5:50 am to Greyson screaming at the garage door because Josh was leaving for work. Did I mention that I also hate mornings? Morning-Anytime before 7:00 am. So now I have a Monday and an early morning. Great. The first thought that goes through my mind is "if he wakes up Cooper with that screaming (all for orange juice, by the way) I'm gonna have to drag my rear out of bed and put him in timeout. At 5:50 am. That could be a new record. The rules in our house goes as follows-no talking, no orange juice, no breakfast, no moving around in mommy's bed before 7:00 am, or Curious George time. Sit and watch cartoons and be quiet! You would think he would love this time because I'm pretty much a stickler when it comes to tv and how much they can watch a day. 99% of the time I never even turn it on during the day so the morning cartoon marathon is huge! At 6:30 am, Cooper decides to wake up. What in the world? He usually sleeps until 8:00am. Great. Now I have to get up. I jump in the shower and grab Cooper. I give them both orange juice, fully aware it's not 7:00am. I walk into the living room and step into a huge puddle of citrus wetness. Great. Cooper has decided to take his lid off his cup and see if orange carpet suits our living room. Within minutes a fight breaks out. Where in the world is the coffee? I make a beautiful breakfast of a ham and cheese omelet and fruit that was not touched by either child. Greyson decides to show Cooper (while I'm making coffee) how to take your plate and dump it on the floor. 1 then 2. Both plates full of food in the floor. Breakfast is over and you can starve today or eat your eggs off the floor. Mommy is not happy. We go in the toyroom where another fight breaks out. This one left Cooper with a knot on his forehead and Greyson in timeout. I finally remember my cup of coffee that I had started making, and realize somehow I had lost Cooper. I head straight to my bathroom where he is putting all of my bandaids down the toilet. Flush. Great. I go into the kitchen and yet again step in something mushy and wet. Greyson's banana. Instead of throwing it in the trash, he just spit it out on the floor. Do I live with little cavemen? Gotta clean that up. Forget the stinking coffee, it's surely close to lunch time by now. 7:43 am. Great. Gonna be a long day.
These are random, but recent, pics. They have nothing to do with story. Just thought I'd throw them in!

3 comments:

Amber said...

You poor thing- mornings are so much fun!!!

Kara said...

Yikes. I can picture the chaos in my head right now and I am feeling sorry for you all over again. I wish I could run to Starbucks and bring you one of those Grande Nonfat Latte's with just 3 beautiful pumps of Classic Syrup!!! Tomorrow will be better I'm sure. :-)

Brianne Dobson said...

Crack me up! It sounds so familiar. There is such a difference between 6:00am and 7:00am. On those days where they decide to get up earlier, the whole day just seems to go from bad to worse. I love how you can find the humor in it later!