


I'm writing this blog because of a conversation I had with someone very close to me. I didn't ask her if it was ok to write this so she will remain anonymous. She is a breathe of fresh air to talk to. She's almost giddy with excitement. You see, our topic of conversation was True Love. How and When did you know? I think she has found "the one" and I am so happy for her. She has found the guy that she can completely be herself around. She doesn't have to pretend to be someone that she is not. He loves and respects her for the woman that she is, not the woman that he wants her to be. So during our conversation, she was a little hesitant that their feelings were so deep this quick. I tried to reassure her that there is love at first sight and sometimes there is love at 57th sight. There is no time frame on the pitter patter of your heart.
So, my request is to you, my beloved readers (all 3 of you..ha!) I am asking that you, (Kara, Amber, Amanda, Debi, Aunt Lenora and whomever else reads this blog) to comment on this and help.
First question to answer-How did you know when you had found "the one?"
Second question to answer-When did you know you had found "the one?" Was it on the first date or months later?
I'll start off....I knew that Josh was "the one" because just being with him makes me a better person. I can be all dressed up or haven't have showered for 2 days and he still loves me. My timeframe would be within the first handful of dates. Josh and I had taken a friend's kids out for pizza and games. One of her children is handicapped and Josh was so amazing with him. It touched my heart in a way that words can't explain. That night, probably 3 or 4 dates in, I knew he was "the one."
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, I am way too tired to correctly answer this tonight but here is my attempt (:
Adam and I were high school sweethearts. The day he first met me he went home and told his family he met the girl he was going to marry. We were very good friends for most of our junior year and then when my boyfriend dumped me, Adam was the one I called! (he did have to dump his girlfriend first though..eeek!) Honestly, I don't even think I had a defining moment of "he's the one" - we were just together and it was never even a question really. Hope that helps!
First of all - You surely have more than 3 readers because you are super funny and I know a lot of people that read my blog also read yours, so you gotta be up to like 5 now at least!!! Anyway. I knew David was the one because it was just "easy". Being with him was easy. Him holding my hand for the first time was easy and felt right. Hanging out with him felt like being with my best friend and I couldn't picture (literally) being with anyone else for the rest of my life. When did I know? About a month into our dating. After I met his family and saw some different sides of him around his mom, dad and sister - it was really cool and it opened my eyes to the whole person he was. I was in it for the long haul and we got engaged six months after that and married months after that! True love rocks!
P.S. I meant to say we married SIX months after that. I cut my finger with a pair of scissors today (OUCH!) and my typing fingers are getting a little jumbled!
Ok. Last comment. You look smokin' in that bikini in that one picture girlfriend! And - it is so crazy wierd to see that pic of you and Josh with the doggies and no kids in tow. That's a whole nother life - wasn't it? Hang in there with toddlerland taking over your life. It will be over soon enough and you will wish you had it all back! :-) Love ya.
Post a Comment