Friday, February 22, 2008

And these are the Days of My Life...



Well, last night was quite entertaining. Josh was out of town..(starting to notice a theme here) so the boys and I were tired of being cooped up and bored. We decided to go for a drive. Basically this means I stick in a movie, get to talk to a friend on the phone (w/o screaming children in background), and drink a starbucks (heaven's very own syrup). We got about 2 miles from home and I hear this gurgling/gagging noise in the back seat. I look and to my surprise was vomit pouring from Greyson's mouth and nose (can't forget the nose!) I freaked. For all of you that don't know me very well, I am a "gagger." I gag at about anything. 85% of the time I change a poopy diaper I gag. So, I pull over in this nice subdivision and have to push back the panic and start to think logically. I can't just turn around and drive home quickly because the vomit has pooled on his chest in his sweatshirt. I get his "emergency" shirt out of the back of the car and take him out of his carseat. That's when it got bad. He's standing on my running boards (due to him being in slippers and snow on the ground) and I unzip his Elmo jacket and puke just pours out of it. It was like I opened the flood gates. Well, I didn't gag. Nope. I just turned around and ralphed right there in some nice people's yard. Not my proudest mother moment. I stripped him down quickly, put on his emergency shirt and we sped home. The rest of the night was filled with more puking. The crazy thing with toddlers is that they don't tell you when they need to puke. They just puke, completely unexpectedly. After my 3rd change of clothes, I got smart and started watching for the warning signs.

Needless to say, we have survived today. No puking. That's a good thing. I still can't get the smell out of my nose. I've showered, scrubbed, sanitized, and it's still there somewhere. Probably in my imagination, but I can still distinctly smell it.

So what have I learned from this incident? Nothing. Puke is gross. It will always be gross. And I, Julie B., am a sympathy puker.
These pics have nothing to do with this puking blog...they are just cute!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Poor Julie- Vomit and I are not friends either. Ick. Glad you are both feeling better.

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.