Saturday, January 26, 2008

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest




I keep reflecting about how crazy life is with Pip and Squeek, then it hit me. Maybe I should rename my blog to "Help us, our Mom is Nuts, no really!" Life with 2 boys, 16 months apart, is crazy. But life with a 30 year old stay at home mom, well, that's just another story. I'm going to share with you a few things I have done recently that will probably buy me a 1 way ticket to the nuthouse.

1) I put Cooper in the wrong car after church. I didn't realize it until I hopped in the passenger seat and ask a strange man what we were eating for lunch.

2) I decided to clean the outside of our glass door on a 9 degree day in my pajamas and socks. Greyson locked me outside and after 22 minutes of begging a 2 year old to let me in, he finally did.

3) Upon the Dr.'s recommendation, I put Cooper in the bathtub to "relax his bowel" while he was constipated. Do I need to type any more? After a gallon of bleach and every combination of disinfectants we have, I guess we don't need to buy a new bathtub.

4) I thought by giving Greyson his very own Starbucks, strawberries and creme, it would occupy him enough that I could actually focus on some shopping at the mall. Nope...instead of my dreamy day shopping, I had to deal with a naked 2 year old running up the mall in his socks because his clothes were soaked with strawberry puke.

5) I gave Greyson a cheese puff at a restuarant then proceeded to freak out and forget my "heimlich certification" when he choked on it. To all you parents, a cheese puff fits perfectly in the throat. Stay away.

6)I knocked myself out-cold-at 2:00 am rounding a corner a little too early to answer, yet again, another one of Cooper's middle of the night screams because he lost his pacifier. I literally laid myself out in the floor, stars and all. This could explain a lot of the above.

So while chasing these 2 crazy kids around all day is never boring, imagine what life looks like through their eyes. They live with me. They know I'm crazy, but in the fun crazy way where Mom dances around to the choo choo song without a care in the world, like no one is watching. I'll just happen to leave the above stories out of their baby books so they never know the true meaning of crazy.

6 comments:

Amber said...

My favorite story is still the one where you got in the wrong car! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. (: Do you think we ever get our brains back?

Julie said...

Does that story beat "peeing with my underwear on?" Was gonna add that one to list but decided not too.

Amber said...

ROTFL! I completely forgot about that one! You have got to add that one in!

Debi said...

thanks. too hysterical. i am perplexed...we older women should reasurre you young moms that the brain comes back...but..

debi

Kara said...

Julie - I am agreeing with Amber that my absolute favorite is the story of you getting in the wrong car. Poor Greyson and Cooper......Here sweeties - would you like to meet your new daddy? Loved all the crazy stories! Thanks for sharing them with us. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!

The Oswalds said...

So Funny! Thanks for sharing. I too love the story about the wrong car. We had a similar bathtub experience recently. Gross!!!