A day in our crazy life consists of vacuuming cheerios out of the floor vents, stepping in wet spots where Greyson has taken off his diaper and "rained" on the floor, and constantly digging around in Cooper's mouth where he has yet again found something to stick in there that shouldn't be. Normally the mischief trophy belongs to Greyson, but not today. Cooper is pulling his weight in the "little stinker" category and is a great contender. One example of this is that Cooper turns into an absolute nightmare when it's time to change his diaper. He's 21 lbs so he can put up a decent fight. He has learned the "Anaconda" move, where he twists one leg around my arm so I'm basically handicapped with just one arm to change his diaper. He's strong and fast, so it's a good struggle.
I thought I had found the solution to this little problem...I'll give him my cell phone for the 20 seconds it takes to change the diaper. It seems to have worked like a charm until I got the dreaded call--twice. The first time Cooper dialed 911 he talked to the operator. I didn't realize he actually dialed someone so once the diaper was changed, I took the phone away, noticed he had dialed someone, but just hung up. Immediately it rang, and it was a local 911 dispatcher. She heard shuffling noises, a baby, and she was basically panicking. After a few minutes of me having to convince her that we were ok and it was an accident, she abrubtly, but politely hung up. You would think that the shear embarrassement of that alone would have solved the problem. No. Another poopy diaper and it's like my "mom brain" totally forgot the recent events. (In case you were wondering, the "mom brain" is the brain you are left with after you have kids. You see your brain cells exit through your birth canal along with the baby during labor.) I gave him the phone and again, he dialed 911. Pretty much same scenario, I hung up the phone, they called me back insisting I was being held hostage because who in their right mind would dial 911 twice? This time with even more humiliation than going to church with your dressed tucked in the back of your pantyhose, I apologized and promised it won't happen again. Looks like I need to find another method of keeping Cooper still while I change him.
In case you are wondering how a 10 month old dialed 911 not once but twice, this is what I learned. I had my phone locked, but if they hold down the 9 key it automatically unlocks it and dials 911. Good night to all, and Thank you Lord for us not having a true emergency. (that poopy diaper might have qualified though.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ok. I was totally laughing out loud when I read your 911 story. Especially the part where you said they thought you were being held hostage because who would call twice! Awesome! It's always fun to hear how other mommies have the same crazy days as you! I'm glad you are on the blogosphere!
What does Supernanny say about your kids dialing 911....?
Post a Comment